Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wishing you were here...

My two frogmen...Jacob enjoying time in the sand this morning.

And just in case someone was wondering how a family of four can defy the laws of physics and go on vacation driving nothing more than a VW Jetta...it wasn't easy!

I suppose we'll have to look at bigger vehicles when they start complaining about a lack of leg room!


But doesn't it look like it was all worth it?!

Because this is the view I get to enjoy for the rest of the week. Sigh. I know. It's hard.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Sigh), I remember that beach and those houses. Lucky you.

Enjoy!

Suburbia said...

That looks like the perfect beach.
Our car looks like that! Husband always complains about how much I pack but with 2 kids you need so much and I can never seem to cut down!
Have a perfect holiday :)

Irene said...

Goodness, what a lovely beach to hang around on with your kids. And then the soothing sound of the waves. Are you staying in one of those houses? If this is a ridiculous question, then please say so. I wish for you that you are and wake up to the sound of the ocean. But maybe you have found an equally lovely spot in the country somewhere with crickets and early morning bird song. Either way, enjoy yourself tremendously.

Anonymous said...

See? I had the leg room comments coming when Amanda was only 4! I suppose that's what I get for marrying Daddy Long Legs. It looks LOVELY! We're headed down to visit my brother in Carolina Beach, but the view isn't quite as fantastic. They're a block off the ocean. But still...

Melanie said...

What happens when you switch to a bigger car is you just pack more stuff. We could give the Clampetts a run for their money when we travel.