Saturday, August 16, 2008

Toes in the sand

So, here I am. Sitting on the outside deck of our residence for the next 7 days. At the beach (sweet bliss!), enjoying the sound of the surf. Beside me is my sister--on her laptop. On the other side of me is my husband--on his laptop. Highspeed wireless. At the beach. Did I mention I was sitting here at the beach?!

A long day's drive. A very packed Jetta. A potty trained 3-year-old. We took the scenic route--a tour of public restrooms along the coast of North Carolina. Farmland. Small country villages. Churches with names such as New Zealand Pentecostal Free Will Baptist and Eastern Assembly of Disciples of Christ. Towns with names such as Zebulon and Beulah. Five hours driving through tobacco fields, peanut farms and corn.

Then...Nirvana. Topsail Beach. Looooong empty beaches.

We managed to hold off Jacob until he actually had his bathing suit on. Kyleigh managed to crawl up anyone who even attempted to put her feet in the water.

We'll see how this posting on vacation goes. I may simply sign off until next weekend. After all, I have a love affair with the Atlantic ocean to rekindle.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We use to go to Topsail all the time when I lived in Jacksonville, NC. Emerald Isle is also beautiful up that way. I life guarded at a local country club there. The beaches always seemed to be empty.

(Thinking)....If I ever miss home, it's the smell and sound of the Atlantic that I miss most.

Enjoy your time for me too!

Donia said...

yay yay yay we're at the beach...

Marit said...

Oh you lucky lucky girl!!
enjoy, ENJOY!!

Suburbia said...

Sounds a beautiful place and almost perfect to be able to post on the beach....but on the other hand, why spoil the beach?!!
Hope you all have a great time

Unknown said...

HOW COOL! That sounds like us on vacation--each with their own laptop. Enjoy your time there! :)

Grit said...

oh, the gentle sound of waves lapping on the shore and tippetytap of fingers on keyboards!