Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A progress report...sort of

It's been a busy summer--some days busier than others--so I thought I'd just write myself a short progress report. Like in school, but without all of the "C" grades!

Our bathroom is still being renovated. Sean has taken the next two weeks off from work--and court--so we might actually have a chance to go in to plaster and paint the walls since that's all that remains. We managed to agree on a paint color. I said, "I want this color." And he said, "Really? How about this color?" And then we went with my color. See how well we work together?

Jacob has decided that he's ready to be out of diapers. Like everything else in his life--walking, sleeping, giving up the bottle--he followed his own time table. No amount of coaxing, prompting or harassing on my part have made a difference. He had to decide for himself and that's what he did!

And I have to resign myself to the fact that this is the state the toilet paper will remain in for the next couple of years.


Oh, and his cousins taught him how to pee outside. I finally stepped in and said, well, if that's what you're going to do then at least wait to pull down your shorts until you are positioned at the bush or tree you wish to pee on. Once again--obviously something they covered in that parenting class we skipped!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL....To pee in nature. It's something all of my kids loved to do at that age....wait a minute, the boys still love to do it....oh and so does Tom. Must be something to be able to whip it out where ever, inconspicuously, I might add.

Kailea was almost 2 when she decided she didn't like diapers and just started going on the potty by herself. I was truly thankful for this as Cody took forever to potty train :o)

Have fun with your husband during his time off!

How's Kyleigh doing? Any milestones for her?

Marit said...

ok, the TP..... BUT your tiles are so PRETTY!

and, btw, you spelled perfectly!
thank you for your good wishes, wish you could have been at my ladies night!