Thursday, May 8, 2008

updates and what-nots...

For those curious onlookers (because I admit our home improvement project is much like a train wreck...it is tragic and horrific, but you just can't help yourself--you have to look!) there's really nothing new to report today.

Most of today's work had to do with laying down a new base for the tub and then replacing old plumbing. I'm most grateful to have a friend who is currently renovating his entire 1920's house (now, there's a train wreck--sorry, but you know it's true!) and he has been most generous with advice and loaning us tools. I think the results are going to be much better for it.

Husband is planning on finishing up the water pipes tonight so--hopefully--we can actually set the tub tomorrow. I have promised my parents that there will be a working bathroom downstairs by the time they get here--in 6 days!! Yea...no pressure. I didn't say it was going to be finished--just working.

For now, however, I have a date with a bed and a pillow.

2 comments:

Suburbia said...

6 days?!!!
go girl!

Dori said...

Yes, they arrive on Wednesday. As for the rest of the house--I"ll at least get their room clean and have the bed made. No promises after that! I believe this what some might call "poor timing".