Thursday, August 7, 2008

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

After several accident free weeks, Jacob has regressed in the potty training and has peed all over the floor today. I'm on the fourth load of laundry because we ran out of rag towels and clean underwear.

Kyleigh decided there wasn't enough drama in the house already and decided to stay up half of last night and then not really nap today. However, she is now happily situated on her daddy's lap practicing waving and saying, "Da da". Fine. Cuteness wins.

I just want normal. A normal family with a normal schedule. A normal life where my husband is at home at night. And my children are in bed by 8 and sleep until morning. I want a dog who doesn't constantly shed a new self every single night. I want a cat who doesn't pee on the new bathroom floor. Okay, that last one is partly my fault because I advocated to keep him alive when he was diagnosed with feline diabetes. You would think he'd be just a
tad more grateful.

And there were lima beans for supper. I hate lima beans. There was kissing on tv. I hate kissing. My bath was too hot. I got soap in my eyes. And I had to wear my railroad pajamas. I hate my railroad pajamas. Sigh.

See, if you didn't get that the last bit was
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day--well, then it just comes across as odd. And didn't I say I wanted normal?

Oh, and on the list of "Things I Learned Today": if one never actually turns the washing machine on, the laundry won't be clean. And one still won't have clean underwear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(giggling) sounds like you had a wonderful day. :)

Dori said...

If by "wonderful" you mean, "Please, just let me go back to bed!" then, yes, I did.

Marit said...

You may have had a horrible day, but you sure made mine, LOL! (see, there's always a good side to everything ;-))

Hope tomorrow is a lot better though!!

Captain Tightpants said...

Yes but today we had better potty results - now if the rest of normal would shift back my love :D