Monday, August 11, 2008

And a child shall lead them...

Small feet running down the hall at 6:30 this morning. A little dinosaur jammie clad body crawling into my bed, pulling my blanket over himself and his stuffed kitty named, well what else? Kitty. Snuggling down beside me with his head on my pillow, he lets out a heavy 3-year-old sigh. Whispering, so as to not wake up daddy--even though the baby has been babbling in her crib for the past fifteen minutes, I ask him what was wrong.

"
Mommy?" he whispers back.

Yes, my son
does know how to whisper. He just doesn't do it often.

"
Yeah, Sweety?"

"
Mommy, the Planet Earth has a booboo."

"
Um....okay. Yes. It has a rather large booboo."

Far too insightful for me at daybreak.

"
We need to fix it."

Yes. We do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only everyone saw things through the eyes of a child!

Jules said...

So did you ask him what type of booboo and what he thought we should do to fix it? I'd love to hear his answers.

Suburbia said...

Awww, I can picture that so well. If only we could all help to fix the booboo.

Irene said...

I want to know more about the booboo. Which one was he talking about and what is a 3 year old worrying about already?

Unknown said...

Where in the world does he come up with this stuff? Is it all the granola? :)