Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ahem...there's some exciting news over here...

We managed to complete the bathroom (insert thunderous applause here). Well, mostly completed. The door frame still needs to go back on, the window trim repainted and the ceiling replaced. But other than all of that--it's done. And ya know what? Husband and I realized that we make a pretty good team. And for a couple of people whose skill level was "Clueless", we done pretty darn good!

So, wanna see it? I figured you would. So I put together this here little video montage of the project--before and after pictures. I know, I know. I'm a movie geek--this is what I do. Well, in between home improvement projects, wifeing, parenting and keeping a diabetic cat alive. There's loads of free time in there for my other side job--you know, the one I actually went to college for? Yeah, that one.

All right, Kids, break out the popcorn, turn down the lights, put the children to bed, sit back and enjoy--
Adventures In Home Improvement...



Some stills of the "after" shots. For stunningly painful "before" shots check out the side bar over there...Cry Havoc has the beginning of this epic adventure. And, yes, Sean and I did 100% of the work ourselves. My dad helped with some of the destruction in the beginning, but other than that--all us. Yippee. On this side of things, pretty darn satisfying. At the beginning, middle and two weeks ago--not so much.




9 comments:

Suburbia said...

I learnt a new word (no not that sort!) 'Wifing'. I love it! I knew I spent a lot of time doing something, I just didn't have a word for it!!
So glad your project is complete, I did laugh at your end titles. Well done, it looks great. And the next project is...........?!

Anonymous said...

Haven't had a chance to watch the video, I WILL THOUGH. But the still shots look BEAUTIFUL. Congratulations. Tommy and I do most of our home improvements by ourselves too. It's good quality time together eh?!

Congrats girl. Glad it's finally MOSTLY done!

Marit said...

is lookin good! I like the black/white theme. Looks really "strak".

Anonymous said...

CUTE VIDEO!

Dori said...

Suburbia...see, coming here is an education!

Marit, if "strak" is Dutch for "totally awesome", then thank you very much! I'm glad I pushed for the green paint--breaks up the black and white nicely.

Gina, "quality time"? Yeah, that's what we call it here too. :D

MissKris said...

Dori, we have an old 1912 Craftsman bungalow that is such a constant fixer-upper it's a wonder it doesn't fall around our ears, haha! I watched your video and admire your "Weekend Warrior" abilities...do you ever watch that show?? I love it! Your bathroom is just lovely -- congratulations!!! (((((HUG))))))

Melanie said...

Thank you for giving me hope during our own miserable remodel...a remodel that was supposed to start at the end of August, but now we are hoping for the beginning of October. Meanwhile, you will find me scooping kids toys out of their tub so I don't break my neck trying to shower in there.

Love the color scheme, by the way.

Unknown said...

Oh, c'mon... You couldn't find the track to Handel's Messiah/Hallelujah chorus?? IF EVER there was a place for it... Congrats on the new bathroom! And I still totally think that the new sink base perceptively doubles your space in there! WELL DONE!

Dori said...

Amy...dude, copyright laws? Not only am I a law abiding citizen (don't snort!), I'm also cheap and didn't want to buy it. :D And, oh yeah--we gained a good 2 foot square patch of prime restate in there going with the smaller sink/no vanity combo!