Sunday, September 21, 2008

WHAT is your quest?

The same quest I have found myself on for the past two Septembers: To find a fall/winter shoe for my son. Preferably void of cartoon characters and lights. Velcro is a must since though I am gifted with various super powers, the Ability to Tie My Son's Shoes Within the Nanosecond He is Actually Still is not one of them.

This year was surprisingly painless. Maybe I actually
have learned from the past and I managed to begin my quest early enough in the season that there were actual choices.

So now Jacob has his "winter shoes". Which he proudly displayed to each and every person--twice--at church this morning (it's a small church). And I managed it all without so much as a flesh wound. For those who know my loathing of shopping--
that in itself is a miracle. Uuu...maybe even a new super power. Sweet.

2 comments:

Suburbia said...

I'm with you on that one, I hate shopping for kids shoes :)

Tina said...

I feel your pain!!!! We just went today with my mother-in-law to look for shoes. It was pretty painful but we lived to tell the tale!!!! And Evan has a nice new pair.