Saturday, September 13, 2008

Apparently I should house clean more often...

While the little ones and I were enjoying a play date this afternoon, Husband was home slaving away working on the bathroom. No, it's not completed yet. Geez, it's only been five months, that's like a nano second in geological time. We're on opposite schedules with two very demanding little ones. But we're getting there.

Anyway...we came home to freshly primed bathroom walls. And plaster dust. Everywhere. So I go in and start cleaning. Then I notice the baseboards in the hallway. And those get cleaned. And the wall where someone dripped something. And then moved on into the dining room. The chair railing was dusty. And those baseboards. Oh, and sticky fingerprints on the wall going up the stairs. Aaaand that was about the point when Husband asked me if I was pregnant.

No, I'm not! But, apparently I'm a fairly lax house keeper.

7 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Hello, I'm not quite sure how I found you but I read some and found your stories (most of them) very funny. Great job blogging. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself. I have three boys and they seem to keep me very busy as well. Please stop by and say hi sometime.

Kaci

Marit said...

This is one of the trials and tribulations of housecleaning. Once you get get started, everything looks dirty! Best to keep your eyes half closed so you won't see so much :-)

Irene said...

Don't worry, it happens to all of us, pregnant or not, young or old, house proud or not, at the right angle of light and scrutenized finely, we all turn out to be lax house keepers.

Anonymous said...

Girl, I'm not a lax housekeeper, but my house constantly has dirty walls, hair from the dogs all over the floor, despite my sweeping several times a day and food all over the kitchen floors and counters from kids getting snacks and never cleaning up after themselves. It's enough to make you want to just say screw it. Juat count on all that until your kids leave the house. :o)

Elizabeth said...

I liked your comment for poor
Suburbia who has got the blues.
You seemed so wise........
Yes, there must be something between passion and not passion.
Anyway, I'm ancient and all that seems so long go.
Your projects sound most amusing but a bit tiring.
Greetings from New York.

Dori said...

Leave it to a post on housecleaning to pull us all together!

Elizabeth..so very glad to meet you. I followed The House in Marrakesh and was so sad to learn you were leaving. It brought a daily bit of "home" to my life. You're photos from New York, however, are equally stunning.

Kaci, thanks for stopping by. 3 boys?! It's all I can do to keep up with my 1!!

Gina--the curse of the Akitas--the year round blowing of the coat!!

And, Marit, you'd think with me going through life these days as sleep deprived as I am that I would have my eyes half closed already!

Suburbia said...

The only thing that stops me cleaning (when that sort of 'can't help but clean' mood takes hold) is blogging!
It's quite dusty here !!