Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Mommy's gotta do what a Mommy's gotta do...

Last night at supper...

Jacob, for your birthday do you want cupcakes or cake?

Cake!

Anything special on it?


Um...frosting. A
frosting cake!

Right. Frosting. Anything else?

Oh! Barney! Like Hannah had for her birthday.

Think, think, think...how do I get him to change his mind without having to explain that the chances of me making him a Barney cake are pretty much, oh...nil.


Hannah's birthday was her
first birthday so she had a baby type birthday cake...how about maybe something else that you like?

A Robot!

Oh, Sweet Lord. Really? A robot cake?


Yeah! And use the Force!


I'm gonna need to use something to pull this one off.

So last night there I was...baking a cake, wrapping presents and trolling the interwebz in search of a Plan for a cake. In the end I settled on simplistic.


Jacob had no idea that this cake was created. As I laid the piping bag down I decided that everything else I've done for this party can be a complete and total disaster. The new pool could have a rip in it (it wouldn't have if I hadn't been quite so aggressive with the air compressor). The sky could bust loose and dump a summer thunder storm on us (it didn't--we enjoyed a beautiful non-humid evening). The rest of the food could taste like sawdust (not quite, but it was eatable). I really didn't care. Because my son had The Coolest Cake--ever--for his 4th birthday.

I think they liked it.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is is pretty cool cake! You used the force, lol.

Natalie said...

Now that's what I call a cake! My hubby is a HUGE Star Wars fan and would freak if he was given a cake like that, so it's not just for 4 year olds.

My son will be 4 next year, so I guess we'll see!

You have quite an artistic talent for cake decorating and I think that even George Lucas would be proud with how well you depicted R2D2.

P.S. That's beyond awesome that your son told you to use the force while making a cake. Classic.

Elise said...

GREAT CAKE! and from the sounds of it, the rest of the party was a good succes as well! good for you :-)

Mrs. "Smith" said...

You used the Force, for sure, great cake. It sounds like it was a fun party.

Suburbia said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!
Fantastic cake, Dori!
The party looks fab, summer birthday parties in the garden, who could want more?!

Soozcat said...

The Force is strong in this one.