Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Kimbilio

Swahili: refuge, sanctuary: a place of shelter, protection, or safety.

Never have I known a place more aptly named than Kimbilio. This is what my parents have chosen to name their home. This morning--early this morning--I sat out on the rear deck. Just me, my coffee and this:

With all of the chaos--within and without--over the past several months, it was just what I needed! Forget the fact that I slipped and fell yesterday--my tail bone missing a rock by this much and almost breaking my hand. Yet I managed to hold on to the baby! Then there was a flying poop incident at bath time. At one point I did request a day do-over.

But this morning, I had peace. Just me and the rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's seems like years ago, but it was only three that I had a view similar to yours. We had about three acres of property in Danville, VA and I hated living in Danville, but my property, my view, my smells in the morning was something right out of a Thoreau poem.

Beautiful view!

Thanks for your sweet supportive thoughts on my blog.

Have peaceful sleep and I'm glad you and the baby are okay from your fall.

Suburbia said...

That sounds and looks just perfect!
Glad you managed to keep hold of baby (funny how mums can do that isn't it?!)