Monday, December 22, 2008

Yes. My children are amazing. Just ask me.

Mommy! KokoohaspresentsunderherChristmastree!

I know. She...


There's one for me. One for Kyleigh. One for you and one for daddy. There's one for Maia and one for Sammy and one for Ethan and one for Donia and one for Billy!


Then I thought his head was actually going to explode when I was finally able to speak and informed him that there were presents under
his Christmas tree as well!

My two children spent the night with Kokoo and Babu Saturday night. It gave the Husband and myself a chance to spend some time together, which included a delightful dinner of tapas and paella at a Spanish restaurant. It was sort of a hole in the wall place down by the university but the food was fantastic!

Before we left for dinner I called to check in on the grandparents and the children. That's when Jacob informed me about the unbelievable development regarding Kokoo's Christmas tree. He then went on to rat out his sister who had allegedly been messing with presents.

Jacob's one request last night when I brought them home was he wanted to see the presents under our tree. Then he counted them. And asked who each one was for. He then repeated all acquired information to Kitty. As he got to the last one...

But where's a present for Kitty?

Um....well...Kitty's just hasn't shown up yet.

Oh, that's awright. I'll just share mine with Kitty.

See why this child is amazing?

Now if we could only channel some of that giving spirit towards sharing toys with his sister...

2 comments:

Captain Tightpants said...

Awwww I was going to share this but you wrote it so much better!

Just another of the wonderful traits you have helped him learn my dear!

Donia said...

And everytime we spoke to Jacob this week--we asked about the presents and he said, "wait a minute and I will count them...one, two, three, four, five, six, seven. There are seven presents under the tree!