Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A true Christmas song...

We all have our favorite Christmas carols, hymns and songs. Mine has always been The Little Drummer Boy...I remember being a little older then Jacob and loving the ba ba ba bom part. Over the years I've discovered that I really enjoy Neil Diamond's version best.

Every now and then, however, a song comes along that really, truly touches your soul. A song that makes you pause. Even one that stops you in your tracks. This one did just that to me the first time I heard it--almost 11 years ago. And it is still some of the most beautiful, poignant lyrics I've ever come across.

I figured I'd offer it up in the original form, sung by the man who wrote it--Mark Lowery.

Enjoy. And Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Marit said...

I recognize it from somewhere. Really nice to hear it again!

Irene said...

That was truly beautiful and I am not even a Christian.

My Castle in Spain said...

Hi Dori,
thank you for your lovely comment...
my turn to wish you a very happy Christmas !!!