Saturday, December 20, 2008

10 years ago today...

I stood in this very courtyard, beside an amazing man and promised to Love, to Honor and to Cherish him for ever and ever.


We've had our share of challenges. Long periods of separation (due to work). Long, stressful work days. Miscommunication. Lack of communication. Infertility and miscarriages. Financial crisis. Now two highly active and challenging children. We've also had far more than our share of amazing and wonderful things happen to us and for us. Through it all--even during the times when we seemed to not really like each other very much--we have remained true to those vows. Through it all we have Loved and we have Honored. We have come to learn that To Cherish is the greatest of them all.

I Cherish my husband. My family. This life that we have created for ourselves. And I look forward to writing another mushy post on our 20th anniversary! I was taught that marriages are meant to last forever. May I pass on the same legacy to my children.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said....and Congrats on making it 10 years in a society where divorce is so prevalent and considered common :)

Irene said...

Congratulations on your 10th anniversary. I hope you will celebrate many more. I am happy for you that your marriage is surviving when so many others don't. It is certainly good for the kids if the marriage is a good one. I hope you and your husband share lots of affection and that your kids see this. It is important for them to know.

Suburbia said...

Happy Anniversary!

What a beautiful building that is.

Dori said...

The church is the Cathedral in Seville, Spain. We found a quiet spot among the orange trees in the courtyard and my parents stood as witnesses for our vows. It was cold. But it was beautiful!

Tina said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! What a beautiful place to start a beautiful marriage!!!

MissKris said...

Congratulations, Dori! Ten years is a real milestone in this world nowadays. We'll be coming up on 35this coming June. And to think when we announced our engagement, my future father-in-law shook his head as we drove away and said, "I give them 6 months!" I'm SO GLAD we proved him wrong!