Saturday, July 25, 2009

Still breathing...

How about just a recap of the week...

Sean rolled out of here at 4:30 in the am last Sunday...he won't be rolling back until the end of August (yes, I said August!). He hadn't even been gone 12 hours and I had to call poison control because Kyleigh decided to gulp down a bottle of lotion (non-toxic, just viscous and causing her to gag). Then, of course, I had to deal with the 25 pound, red-headed ball of fury she morphed into once she realized that her daddy was not there to respond to her loud beckoning.

Our county offers a wide variety of cheap summer programs for the kids. Jacob is enrolled in a two week long preschool Nature Camp from 9 to 12. He's been having a blast! Learning new games, making new friends and coming home with the coolest little crafts. Friday they went on a hike through the woods. And now he wants to go on more hikes and that just makes my heart go all mushy.

The paper chain Jacob and I made to help him count down the days to his cousin's return (they've been in Tanzania and Kenya for the past five weeks) and Kokoo's arrival is getting shorter! Three links left. I don't know who is more excited--him or me. We'll drive out to my sister's Tuesday evening and pick my mom up when they all get in. I might let everyone rest a couple of days before calling for reinforcements!

I am eternally grateful for an amazing and wonderful babysitter who was able to spend the night last night and be here for my children when they woke up since I had to be out of the house by 6! The 2nd Annual Splash, Pedal and Dash youth triathlon was today and we had 104 kids--ages 5-15--participate! It was an amazing but hot day! Everyone did fantastic--there are some crazy fast kids out there! I'm also grateful to work for a boss who'll instruct me to take cash out of the cash box to help pay for my wonderful babysitter.

Finally--when I got home I was greeted at the door by a very snotty, teary-eyed 21-month-old. A sick little girl. Apparently Someone doesn't think I've been stretched enough.


5 comments:

Meadowlark said...

You won't know this for um, 15-20 years, but one day your kidlets will look at your and tell you they learned about strength from what you are doing - by yourself - right now.

That I can promise.

Peace out, chica.

Dori said...

That sounds soooo much better than the text I just sent my husband...

Natalie said...

Whew, busy lady! Good luck with everything, though it sounds like you have lots of other fun things (and people) to keep you busy for the rest of the summer.

I'm off to finish my incredibly busy day as well by folding my Mt. Everest of wash then to take a bath!

Suburbia said...

Gosh Dori, you have your hands full. You sound happy though. Hope you have a great time with your family when they arrive :)

MissKris said...

I sympathize. Cooper's teething two bottom molars at the same time and is miserable. Which makes us all miserable, he's so cranky. Poor little guy. This heat isn't helping him much either. One thing that's cute, tho, is when his gums are hurting he'll find his little tube of teething gel and bring it over to me to let me know he wants more.