Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A brand spankin' new Household Rule...

Cover of "Robin Hood (Most Wanted Edition...Cover of Robin Hood (Most Wanted Edition)

This was actually implemented last week after both--both--of my children had the audacity to shush me from singing along with Robin Hood...

Household Rule #8
If you are to subject us to Disney movies--the same Disney movie--over and over and o-v-e-r, then Mommy gets to sing.

So it is said. So shall it be.


And I really thought the girl would be on my side. But, no. Kyleigh reached up and over and actually put her hand over my mouth. *sigh*



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! Good rule.

Because of Love said...

Ha! I always sing along too. Doesn't seem to bother Alyse...yet.

Anonymous said...

So the rule is no shushing mommy, ever? Or when you sing?

Dori said...

Shushing is allowed...just not while I'm singing with their movies or PBS Kids' shows or Veggie Tales. Jacob refuses to let me sing along with the radio in the car as well--maybe the rule should be amended to no shushing Mommy while she sings. Period.

I whistle along with the first part in Robin Hood--that really gets them both too! Ah, the joys of pushing your offspring's buttons.

Natalie said...

Oodallaly, oodallaly, golly what a day! I've been shushed by my toddler as well, but I just started singing again and he gives up. It's a great rule!

Elise said...

Amen! And what is it about kids that makes them not like moms singing? Even now, my kids will shush me, and I used to sing in a choir for Pete's sake!! (maybe that shouldn't be a qualification for a good voice, but I still remember the stress of getting in... not everybody did!)

Dori said...

You may recall, Elise, that I did *not* make choir...

Elise said...

Oops... I didn't remember that detail. But no matter, you should be allowed to sing NO MATTER WHAT!

Momma Val said...

Oh boy. Yes, that is a good rule cause you do start to hear all the movies and shows in your sleep, right? I put on mommy music the other day in the car and we ALWAYS have the Elmo cd on. He shouted "No, no, no, Elmo!!!" Then I insisted that mommy wants to listen to mommy music for awhile. It took quite a few times of saying it but finally he let it go. I could go mad if I don't hear some adults ONCE in awhile, ya know?