Tuesday, July 28, 2009

And the good news of the day is...

Following the harrowing ordeal of stolen passports, missed flights and the replacement of said passports and the hassle of rescheduling flights...Kokoo* One is in the air.

On their way to the airport in Nairobi yesterday evening, the bag containing all five passports for my sister's family was snatched out of the open van window. Apparently my 15-year-old nephew had to be pulled back in since he was on his way out the window after the assailant. A very good lesson in 3rd-World Survival: passports/possessions can be replaced (and they were), lives cannot.


*the grandkids call my parents Kokoo (Grandmother in Maa) and Babu (Grandfather in Swahili)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

That's crazy, but at least it has a happy ending! I always carried my passport on a hidden pouch next to my body when I was traveling in Europe. Now I'm really glad I did!

Meadowlark said...

Hurray for some good news!!

Thinking of you.