Saturday, July 18, 2009

Everything has rules...

And apparently certain facts are not to be divulged...

See? I can learn. I can take instruction. Now if I can only learn how to feed my children something other than grilled cheese and raman while my Baby's Daddy is gone for the next six weeks...



Edited to add...
Yes, I removed the previous post--sorry. But when Sean read it he sort of made that snorting pepsi out of his nose sound that usually means he can't believe what his loving wife just posted on the big ol' public internet. And even though I found his reaction hilarious there was no good way to reword stuff so I took it down. For those of you that made the effort to comment--thank you! I appreciate each and every word of support I recieve. Just didn't want you to think I completly dismissed what was said. And I'm determined to not sit on here and whine for the next month and a half. Honest.

6 comments:

Captain Tightpants said...

Geez, make me feel even worse!

At least I left you a few decent leftovers in the fridge...

Momma Val said...

Ha! Well, at least my son eats nuggets, fish sticks, and mac and cheese. Ha! It's pretty limited over here too. LOL Maybe I need to get me some Raman too? That's another cheap easy eat that most kids would like, thanks for the idea :) Good luck the next 6 weeks, OY! I'll be thinking of ya! Oh, and I do treat us to a few pizzas and such when I'm solo for extended periods.

Meadowlark said...

Actually, when Husband was gone was really the only time I put a lot of effort into cooking. After all... nothing would be stuck waiting on the stove or being reheated due to his erratic schedule... so I could go all out with the meals that took lots of work and I didn't want to waste. :)

You rock, sistah... even for a squid-ette. :)

Natalie said...

If my toddler son could, he would eat hot dogs for every meal (warmed up optional) and he knows where every secret stash of candy is. It's tough making meals when you're the only one eating them! I'll have to follow Meadowlark's example.

Dori said...

My issue isn't so much what they *won't* eat as it is that I don't cook. Blah! The deciding what to cook, then can I actually make it through a recipe, will it even be eatable? I have other things to do. Important things. Like building spaceships out of Legos. Keeping my children from busting through the upstairs floor. This job I have where apparently if I don't fulfill my end of the contract I don't get that paycheck thingie. I just do not enjoy cooking. And I'm married to a man who very much *does* enjoy to cook. And it sucks that he's gone for 6 weeks.

MissKris said...

When I was a kid my dad was in the National Guard and used to go to camp two weeks every summer. Or was it one? Anyway, it seemed like a long time, I guess. We kids were so busy playing because it was SUMMER outside we didn't really care. I do remember my mom savoring that time, tho. She could sit up as late as she wanted reading. The whole household relaxed. And it wasn't because my dad was a tyrant or anything like that. It was just that they fought so much when they were together it was the one time of year when the house was peaceful.