Friday, June 27, 2008

Where does the time go?!

It seems more like one day ago than three years ago that we felt someone had made the biggest mix-up and allowed us to take you, this tiny little baby, home from the hospital!

What were they thinking? What were we thinking?! We were so unqualified to be parents. We even skipped our last child birth class to go watch Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. And they still allowed us to take you home!

We have since realized that they must have covered an awful lot of material in that class because apparently we missed some crucial instructions somewhere! However, given your delightful personality--albeit sometimes trying personality--we must be doing something right! And even though we now make you share our love and some of your stuff--not all, because that would just be wrong--with your sister, you are still the delight of my heart.

Happy Birthday, Jacob Connor!

Singing Happy Birthday to himself

Yummy...he'll share if you ask nicely!
(Yes, Amy, that is a checkerboard cake. And if I told you I didn't use a kit I'd be lying. Sorry.)

a "Bug Vacuum" from his cousins! Our house will soon be spider free! Don't worry, they--usually--get released into the wilds of the backyard.

Sammy demonstrating how to operate the remote control Camero from Kokoo--which, as cool as it is, took a far distant second to the the bug vacuum as coolest present!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness...HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!!! I was wondering whos birthday it was that was coming up. Don't they grow so fast?!

Have a great night Dori! Looks like your little man is very content :o)

Marit said...

Congratulations!
I had to laugh when I heard you skipped your last class :-)
Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute! You guys gave us a hard time for YEARS for skipping our last parenting class and then you did the SAME THING!? Geez... :)

No issues with using a cake kit whatsoever! It's the effort that matters anyway! Besides, I'd buy one of the kits, but I'm too darn cheap to.

Happy birthday Jacob!! I'll have to figure out when we can get up there. Obviously, this week didn't quite go how I planned. Next week we're headed to Charleston and Wilmington. (returning home 7/07) So I'll have to figure it out after that.

Much love to you!

Amy

Suburbia said...

Congratulations! When do you think we graduate?!
Hope you all ahd a great day, it looks like you did :)

Captain Tightpants said...

I'm sorry - I'll still argue the giant dinosaur is the coolest gift! But yep he is incredible, and it is so much because of you!