Monday, September 28, 2009

Cougars on the playground...

This morning found me helping out at the kiddos' school in the toddler room. Of course I had Kyleigh with me. It was fun...and I was reassured by the regular helpers that, no, my daughter does not act like that for them--she's a total angel when I'm no where around. Once all of the other tots had been picked up she and I hung out and ate lunch before I took her down to the playground to play for the last half hour or so before Jacob's class was out.

Pre-K and kindergarten classes were outside playing at the time and Jacob's teacher pointed him out to me as we walked up. He was over on a tire swing with a girl. Just swinging and spinning. Kyleigh had found the riding toys so I walked over to my son to say hi and let him know where I was. Two minutes later he comes wandering over--girl in tow--and tells me that they wanted to come play with his baby sister. They wanted.

He was totally putting on an act for a girl! In the almost two years he's had a baby sister he's never once voluntarily and of his own free will requested to play with her.

Then the pre-K classes lined up to go back inside to finish up their day. The little girl was still out playing. She was a kindergartner! Like an entire year older!

Of course, I text his dad..."your son was hanging out with a kindergarten girl on the swing!"

The reply? "LOL I'll take the blame for that I guess"

Then I relayed how he used his baby sister to impress a babe.

The thoughtful, supportive reply..."It's like a gift"


12 comments:

Julia said...

Hilarious! Since my son is an only child, he uses the beagle to chum girls. LOL

Marit said...

love reading about your life. this made me smile!

Momma Val said...

OMG, too hilarious! Cop Dad was VERY proud when I told him that Little Buddy's two little girl friends were over and wanted to go in the pool without having brought a swimsuit. So their mom let them go in with some of Little Buddy's swim trunks on and no shirts. Cop Dad even attempted to fist bump Little Buddy. ?!

Captain Tightpants said...

Though I'm not sure if just one year older counts as a cougar dear... it's not like he was flirting with a sixth-grader or something!

Suburbia said...

I have had to make my blog invite only. If you still want to read my ramblings then please e mail me (address on my profile page) and I will send you an invite x

Dori said...

Suburbia!! You've already gone private...can't get to your profile! Can you email me the invite? Please?!

Natalie said...

We had a shirt for my son that said "Ladies Man" on the front that he would wear all the time so we could "forewarn" those that were coming in contact with him. He was one at that time.

Now that he's 3, he knows all the charms and uses them on girls of all ages, but he too prefers the "older" 4 and 5 year olds. Maybe because he's so tall...

Unknown said...

*snort* When my eldest was almost 3 we found out that the daycare workers had started calling him the "mack daddy." Apparently the 5-6 year old girls, who came to daycare post-school in the afternoon, were following him everywhere he went. When asked about this phenomenon he said, "They are MY girls, mom." Well, duh. What else would they be. =) Welcome to the madness!

Christina RN LMT said...

Too funny!

I think my nerves couldn't take it if I had had a boy...three girls is hard enough!

It's Turtles All the Way Down said...

Not really sure if I'm ready to expose my son to that kind of a role model....

Momma Val said...

Just gave you an award, please see my current post!

mrs. fuzz said...

whoohoo! I love it. I love when my kids do stuff like that. We have dubbed our 1st grader a "playa" because she has led 3 boys on to believe that they are her boyfriends. Our 3 yo boy will flirt it up with other toddler girls and give them a death squeeze of a hug. The little girls usually like it!

"It's like a gift" hahaha.