Monday, September 7, 2009

No doubt...he is my son!

We all went out to eat the other night. Sean has been working non-stop long days since he returned home and I was not going to cook again.

Sitting at our table, Kyleigh kept stealing glances at a grandmother type person behind her. As that table of diners got up and walked by our table, the woman waved at my children and said, "Bye, bye!"

I am not a fan of strangers or strange people chatting up my children.

Once they had passed, Jacob leaned over to me...

"Mommy," he whispered. "I didn't wave at those people because I didn't know them; they were strangers. And you're not supposed to talk to strangers."

That's my son! I was so proud.


6 comments:

Saz said...

I have enjoyed catching up with your adventures over the last few weeks...and the beach images are fabulous!!

Natalie said...

Sounds like your young padawan learner has been excelling in the force!

My kiddies are social butterflies, which is an absolute nightmare anytime we go in public because they want to "meet" everyone! I'll have to keep with my jedi training a little longer.

P.S. Sorry for all the Star Wars talk. Hubs watches the marathons on a regular basis of the episodes and the History Channel just had a documentary...OK, I better stop now!

Christina RN LMT said...

It's always nice to see that they ARE paying attention to what you're saying to them and teaching them, even when you don't think they are!

Soozcat said...

Well done, Jacob! He did just the right thing.

That said, I'm usually the person at the next table who smiles at the kid across the way. I won't usually start conversations with strangers' kids, though.

mrsofficer said...

wahaha funny!

Unknown said...

I'm loving Natalie up there and all her Star Wars speak! My boys, too, will chat with whoever... whenever... wherever. The come by it *ahem* quite naturally! =) So... I have bestowed upon you the Zombie Chicken Award. Laugh! Please do. It is funny. Pop round my blog for a description! Cheers!