Thursday, November 13, 2008

To be thankful...

A new group popped up on Facebook recently--Thanksgiving Challenge 2008. The idea is to daily update your status with something that you are thankful for--in honor of the US Thanksgiving Day at the end of the month. Of course, why should I limit myself to Facebook?

I've been reading a good number of blogs recently where someone is struggling. Life is just a little more than they feel they can handle right now. Financially, emotionally. Does it matter? What matters is, I have friends who could use some positivity. Some happy thoughts. Just today I was reminded that everything one works for one's whole life can be gone in a heartbeat. A lifetime reduced to rubble--whether metaphorically or not--someone tonight is struggling to pick up the pieces.

For at least this month--with an effort to continue the practice--I'm going to do my best to post at least one thing I'm thankful for each and every day.

I am thankful for the time I spent playing with my family this evening after supper. All four of us in the living room, three remote control cars and Kyleigh sitting in the middle like some adorable little Godzilla in a striped onesie snatching them up if they got too close. She was quick too.

3 comments:

Marit said...

Methinks I'll join you on this venture. Starting today, friday the .... 13th/14th? I'll have to check on that!

Suburbia said...

Thank you for reminding me to count my blessings. I often do but, as you know, there is always a flip side on my blog ;)

Irene said...

Today I am grateful for the much needed nap I was able to take on the sofa in the afternoon. When I woke up, I felt like I had joined the human race again.