Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oh look! An opinion...

Today I'm thankful for the fact that Miss Sunshine's court case came and went without so much as a hiccup. It had been continued from the 6th and I don't think a lot of people got that memo so there was very little media attention. Husband was professional and spectacular. She was convicted of all but one charge.

Interesting tidbit--the advocate group that originally backed her has since dropped her case and walked away...quickly. Hmmm. Maybe if they had done their research to begin with they wouldn't have accepted her version of events in the first place. But maybe that's just me. They were just so quick to cry "Racism!" that they didn't even look into her public record. But, neither did anyone in the press for that matter.

Of course, she has filed for an appeal. Because, after all--she is merely an innocent victim here.

In other news...

The love of my life is having hand surgery tomorrow. I have to have him at the Veteran's Hospital at 6am. Sweet Shivering Shiva it's gonna be cold! Fortunately (!) we have a friend coming to spend the night in order to be here in the morning with the little ones. I'm ever so grateful I don't have to drag them out of bed, bundle them up and cart them into the VA hospital as well. What a nightmare that would be. We could manage, of course. But I'm so glad we won't have to. Did I mention I was grateful?! The shiny side of this is that he'll be on medical leave for a couple of weeks and then off of the road for a few more. We actually get normal people time together. That's just crazy! Wanna place bets on how long it takes us to run outta stuff to talk about?!

3 comments:

Marit said...

well if you run out of things to talk about, you can always try some other extracurricular activities ;-)

Suburbia said...

Brilliant that the court case went well and I hope all goes well with his op too. Does that mean you'll get Thanksgiving and Christmas as a family without your husband having to work? I'm sure you won't run out of stuff to say and the children will love all the attention.
Bet you'll be dying to get him back to work in the end though;)!

Dori said...

Suburbia, yes...he was going to be off for all of the holidays. His surgery was just reschedule for the 4th which means he'll be working Thanksgiving. That's fine. He really doesn't do well around a crowd of people! This way *I* get to enjoy my day with family without worrying about *his* mood! :D