Saturday, July 24, 2010

Today...

There's something very communial about being out on the road at 6:15 in the morning and realizing that just about everyone else on the road with me are people Out Doing Stuff. Fun stuff. Races, kayaking, biking. Fun Stuff. Me? I was on my way to help out with another youth triathlon. On another record breaking hot day.

For a couple of hours I stood out on a shaded street directing kiddos on their bikes to turn left. And placing myself in the way of cars who chose to blatantly ignore the huge "Road Closed" signs. Humans.

The kids all did fantastic...the youngest was a five-year-old girl on a push bike. There was even one little boy on with training wheels. I love that I get to hang out with these people!

Then arrived home to a shell shocked husband, kids gone wild and a trashed playroom.

He recovered enough to make us a most delicious steak dinner!

Tonight Kyleigh discovered a vest thingie Jacob and I had made out of a paper bag. She put it on and walked around in a circle with a stilted walk and a robot voice saying, "I am a robot. I am a robot. I am a robot." And then when I said she made a very cute robot?

"Thank you, Robot Mommy!"

No comments: