Friday, July 16, 2010

Letting go of a grudge...

A friend's birthday was yesterday...and his kiddos suggested a trip to the zoo to celebrate. We were invited to go along.

I've always stood against zoos. Having grown up with animals in their very real natural habitat, the idea of animals in cages depresses me and I view it as inhumane. Because of that, my own children have been deprived of seeing live animals in any setting other than a farm. So when they turned their puppy dog eyes on me and please, please, pleeeeaaase pleaded...it was time to let go.

And it wasn't just any zoo...it was the National Zoo...

with panda bears...

and prairie dogs (that actually bark--I did not know they did that)...

And tigers taking naps in the afternoon heat...

Other than the insane traffic that surrounds our nation's capital and a homicidal GPS unit...it was a really fun day! But I think we'll wait for a much cooler day in the fall before we attempt a repeat visit!
Thanks to Christie for taking the first two pictures...my camera battery died about half way through!

1 comment:

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.