Thursday, October 22, 2009

Family...

Last night Sean and I welcomed (okay, I welcomed and Sean tolerated) our immediate family in it's entirety into our home. Sean's mom, aunt, brother and nephew are here for a few days. My parents are actually in the country and in town so they joined us. As did my sister and her family of five. Friends also stopped by to enjoy the festivities and mayhem. All in all we had six little ones ages four and under and thirteen "grown ups" and three teenagers. All in my house. And they all feasted on smoked brisket, roasted potatoes, green salad, fruit salad and homemade bread. Oh, and monkey cake. There was also a separate lemon pie (provided by my mom) to celebrate the three "grown ups" who turn 40 this year...yes, Donia, I know--your birthday isn't until January. Whatever.

It's been a good week. Jacob and Kyleigh have thoroughly enjoyed their cousin Iain. Montana is just a little too far away to make these visits frequent. But it's been over two years and that's just too long.

Kyleigh and Iain had a breakfast picnic and watched "Winnie Pooh" yesterday morning.


Enjoying a ride on her "motorcycle"...a delightful 2nd-hand store find!


Jacob cheesing it up for the camera...I love this little person!

Cousins and Uncle Chris playing up on the non-tree tree house. Mother Nature has graced us with a week of fabulous weather!

Everyone flies out at various times tomorrow. Sean has the next few days off. I think a nap is in order.

4 comments:

Momma Val said...

Yeah! Sounds like a fabulous time with an even more fabulous family. I love when it works out like that and everyone can get together. Your kiddos are too cute!!!

MrsMonicaLB said...

I love family get togethers,sounds like you all had a blast!

mrsofficer said...

I love family memories.Im sure the kids had a great time!

Natalie said...

What a relief that the weather cooperated! It looks like you had a blast with all the chaos, so it's very reassuring it's possible. Especially since you're setting aside some "nap days" afterwards before the hubs goes back to work. Very sound planning!