Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Simply because it seemed apropos...

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Philippians 4:12 (NIV)

I realize that I don't talk about it too much on here but I am a deeply spiritual person. I would not be able to function without my faith. There are some who would declare that it is a crutch. To that I would reply that so then would my need of oxygen, sunshine and love be crutches. Maybe that's why I don't discuss it--it's simply a part of who I am. But my sister posted the above verse on her facebook page and it struck a chord deep inside. And it's precisely what I have attempted to say--in my own clumsy way--so many times.

4 comments:

Marit said...

It's beautiful and made me think.

Momma Val said...

I need to go look up that one and read around it too. Thanks for that. I am not terribly religious but have a firm belief and do use the Bible and God as a guide for many things in life. We are just learning the Bible now in our 30's.

I can't help but think this goes well with my post today. I do not discuss it much either. I think it freaks alot of people out if they aren't on the same page with you. AND, I think you can get messages across to people that are not on the same page in subtle ways rather than the whole advertising thing.

I am happy at having little in most ways. I even feel victorious every time I use a rag instead of buying paper towels, eat an old frozen leftover then have money for a toy or treat. etc. There are some things that I would love to have if we won the lottery but do not long for them or feel like a lessor person. Thanks Dori! (Fellow blog hijacker :)

Dori said...

Sorry, Val! I went and read back over what I wrote over at your place and I was just like, Holy cow! I just couldn't shut up, could I?! I blame it on the fact Sean was gone all weekend and I had no one over the age of 3 to talk to. And, yes, your post got me thinking about this and then I read what my sister had posted and it just all fit together. So--thanks!

Momma Val said...

No problem. I am glad I am not the only one who hijacks blogs. It all made perfect sense and I enjoyed reading it. Also, understand how you feel about the hubby being gone and needing to talk. Anytime :)