Friday, May 22, 2009

Firefly in the morning...

Both children were up with the sun this morning. Their Kind and Loving father got up with them. Did I mention it was early? And that I was allowed to stay in bed? Even though I wandered downstairs not too much later there's just something about being able to wake up at my own pace--as opposed to being in demand by creatures great and small the instant my eyes open (or are forced to open)--that just makes 7 am just a little more bearable.

On my way to the kitchen for Coffee I glanced into the living room. The three most important people on the planet were snuggled together watching an episode of Firefly.


It made my heart smile.


6 comments:

elise said...

love your signature, and firefly looks like something I would enjoy too!

Momma Val said...

Awwwww! What a nice hubby and morning. That never happens here unless I'm deathly ill or it's Mother's Day. I know what you mean about mornings though, everyone needs mom! Never heard of Firefly before, looks interesting.

Fi from Four Paws and Whiskers said...

Lovely image... and I am a Summer Glau fan :)

Dori said...

By all means...check out the series! Futuristic space set up like the wild, wild west--not a lot there not to like! Watch the series first, then watch the movie...it doesn't make a lot of sense the other way around.

Hi, Fi! Welcome to the madness! I've just never had a chance to watch the Sarah Connor Chronicles but I know Miss Glau is fantastic there as well!

MissKris said...

What a sweet mental picture...the grandboys and I snuggle down first thing in the morning in our oversized rocker/recliner for episodes of PBS children's shows. Some mornings for 5 minutes. Some mornings for an hour. Is there anything sweeter than little boy/girl bodies snuggled up next to us?? Treasure them...they're gone in an instant.

Mrs. "Smith" said...

Oh y goodness. I thought my Dad, kids, and I were the only ones who watched that! We even have the special edition movie! :)