Thursday, March 19, 2009

How do you flu?

Apparently--and pretty much unbeknownst to me--I've been battling the stomach flu all week. Yea. I'm always exhausted, so no clue there. When my sinuses act up I tend to get a little queasy. Our hawthorn maples have started with their blossoms, so I just chalked that part up to allergies. So, there you have it. Guess--with the exception of being really grumpy--I handle days with a stomach bug like any other day.

Updates...

The cat is much better. He appreciates all the well wishes and kind words. At least I think he does. Sort of hard to tell. But when he woke me up this morning yowling for his breakfast, I couldn't help but miss the past week when he was miserable yet silent.

Bad Guys have actually let me sleep uninterrupted the past several nights. The wonderful Husband has his own updates.

We are now the oh, so proud parents of a Child Who Reads. Jacob and I were making cupcakes a couple of days ago--Applesauce Spice--when he pointed to a recipe on the other side of the page.

J: I want to make Banana Cupcakes instead.

M: How do you know that's a recipe for Banana Cupcakes?

J: Because it says so right there (pointing to the word Banana). Banana Cupcakes.

Well. All right then. Did I mention that he doesn't turn four until June?

I then had to explain to him that while that recipe did look good, our bananas weren't ready to be made into cupcakes just yet. But we had all of the ingredients for the Applesauce Spice recipe. As long as I let him dump everything in the bowl and stir, he really doesn't care what the outcome is. I just make sure it's still eatable.

Sean has been working long days the past couple of days. Leaving me to my own devices for supper. Last night, after throughly and disasterally committing dinner, I decided to let someone else cook tonight. There's a deli bought egg pie in the oven right now. And no slow cooker pot to scrub out! Just the comfort food the doctor would have ordered if I'd bother to go see one.

4 comments:

Momma Val said...

Hmmmm, egg pie, I have never heard of it, sounds very interesting. Not nearly as interesting though as the cupcakes. Great, now I want cupcakes. Really any flavor will do but they both sound totally delicious! I cannot believe that your 4 year old read banana!?! That's awesome! Yuck about the flu, hope you are feeling better soon, and glad to hear about the kitty! My husband has been insanely busy as well lately. Seems as though the combo of the terrible economy has the crime up and then compound that with the warm temps we've been having and everyone has been running amuck . . . . especially the criminals.

Dori said...

Egg pie: aka quiche. I've been told it's extremely easy to make. But far easier to buy. And it was rather yummy. No complaints from either child! Yea! Now...if it'll just stay down...

Oh--and Jacob is 3! And now he wants to read *everything* by himself. What a way to drag out his bedtime story! I think my husband was 3 and so was my sister when they started reading. Shouldn't have been shocked. But still. Sheesh.

Oh...cupcakes...the recipes are in the Betty Crocker cookbook. Mine's fairly ancient--it was my grandmother's.

Anonymous said...

I flu crabby and whiney. My husband would say, you? Crabby? Which is not very nice. lol

Egg pie: easier to say and write than quiche.

Suburbia said...

Sorry you are poorly. Did the cat give it to you?!