Friday, March 29, 2013

Thoughts...

We've both kinda eluded to Things...sorta.  In a round-about, not-quite-ready-for-primetime way.  It's not my tale to tell.  Not really.  He'll share when he's ready.

But I can share this...he and I deal with Stress much the same way...yet differently than Normal.  Funny thing, that.  We are the opposite of Stress Eaters.  The shiny side of the last few months is that we are both sporting svelter silhouettes than we've had in years.  In my case, since I was 13.  The thing is, I didn't exactly have the extra pounds to lose.  I'm working on reminding myself to eat--yes, I actually need to do that.  In the meantime, I broke down and bought a new pair of jeans.  In a size I can't recall ever wearing before and in a color I've never owned.  Because I'm 41 and I can.

My ankle Issue still continues to baffle the doctors.  The MRI contradicts the bone scan.  I currently have four different specialty doctors attempting to interpret what it all means.  In the meantime, I remain in the Boot.  I loath the Boot.

On a shiny note...the younglings and I are all on spring break.  A week of Nothing stretches out in front of us. No school lunches to make.  No sleepy 2nd graders to coax out of bed.  No early morning school buses to catch.  No alarm clocks.  Nothing.  And it is Welcome.  We have a few plans.  One or two fun things on the books (I'm sure there'll be pictures). Though, it's slightly surreal to think that when we return to school, the girl and I will only have eight weeks of school left.  Then she's on to kindergarten.  Don't blink.

No comments: