Thursday, February 26, 2009

Car talk

Driving across (acrossed?) town this morning to run some "work" errands (we were headed to an outdoor retail store to pick up a kayak and then on to an indoor climbing gym to drop off posters--is that really work?) Jacob started up with his observations and questions.

Mommy!

Yes, Sweet Child?

Kyleigh is the Princess because she's a girl.

Sure.

And I'm the Prince.

That's the way that works, yes.

Hey, if I'm the Prince, then what are you?


Well, the mommy of a Princess and a Prince would be the Queen.

Oh. Okay. So what would Daddy be?

What do you think he would be? (see how I get him thinking?)

Well. I think that he would be the Queen's Husband.

Heh. I'm okay with that. See what a brilliant son we're raising?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!

Momma Val said...

Tee! Hee! Out of the mouths of babes.

Unknown said...

Raising him well, you are!!!

It's me said...

LOL.
You have done a GREAT job in raising your son. :)

Soozcat said...

You must teach him the phrase "Queen's Consort." Heh heh heh.