Friday, May 31, 2013

Milestones...

Our preschool has a rite of passage tradition for "graduating" students...
they get to leave their handprint on the wall.  


This week was the wee girl's turn.  Purple wasn't an option so she chose red...


And, with a little help from the preschool director 
(aka The One Who Signs My Paychecks), 
she left her mark on the school.  


Right next to the stairs I'll walk up and down every day...


This morning, their bags were brought down from the 3rd floor.  
All ready for pick up after the End of Year program.  
Her's caught my eye as I was walking down the hallway and I couldn't stop the tears...


She was all smiles for the pre-K performance.


Cautiously walking across the bridge, symbolizing "crossing over" to kindergarten.  Her teacher this year was the same one her brother had.  The fact she taught both of my children is reason enough to nomiate her to Super Hero!  And, for the record, all of these pictures were taken through tears.  
My hard, crusty surface cracked big time this week!


A picnic lunch of popcorn, hotdogs, lemonade and snowcones 
rounded off the celebration!


I know she's more than ready for her next great adventure.  I'm excited for her.  I'm proud of her.  And I can't wait to see what all life has in store for her.  

But that doesn't mean I can't miss the baby girl she once was.



1 comment:

Soozcat said...

Ah, Dori. I've experienced much the same thing with Miss V as she's grown up. I do love the sassy teenager I live with, but sometimes I wonder, "Where does the old her go?"