Tuesday, December 25, 2012

And then it was Christmas...

It was a smaller tree this year...last year's threatened to run us out of the living room.  There weren't a lot of presents under it.  But the ones that were there were carefully and thoughtfully chosen.

The boy was diagnosed with the 'flu on Christmas Eve and an unplanned trip to Target pharmacy gave me a look at late shoppers.  I quietly sat on the bench at the pharmacy and waited for the boy's Tamaflu prescription to be filled.  There was no way I was going to venture out into the hoards.

Himself was called in for Christmas day duty.  But we were together as a family last night and we had Christmas morning together.  The kiddos and I will head out to spend the rest of the day with my parents and my sister and her family.  Still so much to be grateful for.

Even with being sick, their dad having to work and not an overload of gifts...both children declared this the best Christmas ever.  I can't ask for more than that, really.  My heart is full and overflowing.


From our family to you and yours...Happy Christmas!

1 comment:

Suburbia said...

Sorry you have poorly ones, such a shame over the holidays.

Glad you had a good time anyway :-)