Monday, June 11, 2012

If 40 is the new 30 then this is definitely *not* a mid-life crisis...

I start tap dancing lessons tomorrow night.

We just accepted a 7-week-old kitten into our already crazy household.

And I'm getting my nose pierced.

The first and last have everything to do with the fact that I'm far more comfortable in my own skin now than I was ten years ago and nothing to do with an attempt to cling to my youth.

The middle one has everything to do with the fact that we are, apparently, Nuts.

3 comments:

Meadowlark said...

Woot!!! I've had my nose pierced since my early 40s (wanted it since my grandparents went to India when I was a child, but never had the courage to ignore the husband's opinion). I love it... used to have a stud and a ring, but eventually switched to just the ring.

And I start bellydance tomorrow with the goal of learning fire hula hooping. (of course, I'm a bad hula hooper, so this may not happen).

BE YOU CHICA!!!!

love you :)

Dori said...

I actually had my nose pierced once before--years ago--but the person that did it was an idiot and I never found the stud I wanted. So I took it out. This time I'm going to a non-idiot who has been very highly recommended.

I used to have a belly dancing video. When I hurt my back I went back to using the same basic moves because it really worked the lower back and hips (oddly enough) :)

Julia said...

I think I've gotten more tattoos once I got into my late 30's. Never had my nose pierced, but it would be cool. I turn 40 in a few months and it is interesting how there is still that niggling idea that we are at "mid-life" - whatever that means. I will do the world a favor and NOT take up any type of dance in my 40's. You will all thank me later.