Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Abby...someone...

Preschool officially ended last Friday.  This week is wrap up and clean up week for the teachers.  Since I didn't really have my own class room I didn't have a lot to do in the way of cleaning up.  So I've been flitting about helping out others in their various moves and packing up jobs.

Over the past three days I've learned a good deal about my co-workers...and vis-a-versa.  The main and Most Important thing I've learned this week is that there is zero, zip, zilch expectation of me being Normal.

I hold a college degree in journalism.  I've lived around the world.  I've worked for the US Navy, I've waited tables, I've been Executive Assistant to church pastors.  I speak three languages.  I've illustrated coloring books and text books.  I've carved out a local reputation as a cake artist.  In all of that, who would have ever thought I'd find my niche as a preschool teacher?

Though, in all honesty...I think it had to be this particular preschool.  Because, apparently, we're all mad here.  And I couldn't be happier about that.

No comments: