Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mysterious ways...

Friendly bickering between his dad and I at the supper table had our son rolling his eyes.  Of course, his dad claimed I started it.  Which I clearly did not.  Jacob decided to intervene.
    I'll decided who started it...
    enny meeny minny mo...

    Wagging his finger between us on the "mo", God will tell me which one of you started it!
      catch a tiger by its toe
      enny meeny minny....

      His finger stops on his dad, MO! 

      Clearly, God is on my side.

      Though if Divine Providence were truly on my side something would have stopped me from taking a huge bite seconds prior to his little judgement session.  A large napkin was all that saved the rest of the family from full chicken pot pie spewage.  Clearly, He's on their side as well.


        2 comments:

        Julia said...

        Oh, what a sweet story! Of course God is on your side - you're the MOM!!

        MrsMonicaLB said...

        what a great idea! I think I will try that eeny meeny thing with my kids ;)