Saturday, October 23, 2010

And I was running!

Today was the day. My first 5k. I know...it really doesn't seem like a big deal...3.1 miles? Nothing to it, right? My sister and I have both been running that distance our past several runs. But today? Gathering with all of the other loony toons out in the cold? Pinning on race numbers? It was a Big Deal.


We both ran the entire way and finished with our own personal best times! My sister even medaled--3rd in her age group! Thanks for being nuts enough to not even hesitate about this whole running thing, Donia! You rock!

Other members of our family felt it was a Big Deal as well. Our mom--who is not a morning person--was there before the race started to cheer us on! Then as we came around the mile and a half mark, there was my sister's husband and father-in-law cheering and ready with the camera. Thanks for the pictures, Billy!

By far the greatest supporter--my partner in crime. He didn't even blink, whine, or mutter one single complaint about being the designated parent for the morning. Way to go, Daddy-O!

4 comments:

randompawses said...

Woo-hoo! Congrats on the new personal best time! (And to your sister for the medal!)

Donia said...

We're awesome :)

Christina RN LMT said...

Congratulations! That's awesome and inspiring. :)

BunnyO said...

Congrats!! I am so jealous. A marathon to me right now is making it from the couch to the fridge. Ah... sad.