Saturday, August 21, 2010

A temporary suspension of rules...

A fringe benefit of having a science teacher for an Aunt...nifty little projects like Sharpie tie dye! For one day--and one day only--I allowed them to color on their shirts with Sharpies!


Take one clean white t-shirt, scrunch it up and secure with rubber bands and color all over with a Sharpie...in and around all of the crevices. Soak the scrunches in rubbing alcohol...an old dosage syringe worked really well! Remove rubber bands, lay out flat to dry.

Ta-Da!! Sharpie Tie-Dye!

1 comment:

MissKris said...

Dearest Dori...been a while since I've passed thru. Did a lot of catching up! Looks as if you've had a productive summer. I especially love the bread photo. I used to bake all of our bread before the kids came along...sometimes I miss those days of getting flour up to my elbows and kneading all the cares of the world away. One thing I never have been nor ever will be is a seamstress. I was so humiliated by a Home Ec teacher in 7th grade I just suffered my way thru the sewing part of Home Ec for the next few years. Once it was no longer required I was OUTTA there! Ha! I love the Sharpie Tie-dye. Hope you're well. I know you mentioned a while back it was easier to keep up with each other on Facebook but that just isn't for me. And, alas, without it, there are many others who've slipped thru the gap. Oh well...there's only 24 hours in a day and I can't stretch them any further. Thinking of you, tho, and thought I'd come by to let you know.....