Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Practical errands...

Yesterday was a long day. Most days are long but yesterday was particularly long. To make it even longer, my husband--who had been home all of 45 minutes--received a phone call just before 7 last night and proceeded to strap back on all of the accouterments he had just relieved himself of, kissed me and Wild Child 1 and 2 good bye and good night and went back to work. But before he did that I had a request...

Baby, I know you're about to go save the world and all...but on your way home, could you please stop and pick up the packet of small pretzels I was supposed to send to school with Jacob this morning for their community snack on Wednesday? Thanks. Love you!

See? Now he had to come home. He did. And he also bought milk.


8 comments:

Because of Love said...

Ha! One time I called Josh at work and made him bring me straws. He stopped at Walgreens at 3am for them. I am sure they thought it was weird that is the only thing he came in for.

Meadowlark said...

You are a braver woman than I.
Or yours is a better "rememberer" than mine.

Mine cannot be counted on for much of anything. He even forgets stuff for himself, so it's not like he's just thoughtless.... ;)

If I absolutely have to have it... it's ALL MEEEEE!!!

Peace chica

Marit said...

Where's the like button on your blog? ;-)

mrsofficer said...

haha EXCELLENT!!

MissKris said...

I am so thankful he came home to you too, Dori. Happy Thanksgiving, darlin girl!

((((((HUG))))))

Soozcat said...

That one's a keeper.

Julia said...

Mine is like that, too, and I sometimes forget how wonderful and rare that truly is. :)

I know you have your raid gear on, honey, but could you please grab some bread at the store on your way home at 3 am? And then I think, wow, how many other women say that kind of stuff to their men? LOL

Natalie said...

I love your attitude and perspective. I'm even more impressed that he remembered to pick it up since my hubby tries to leave work at work (yeah, good luck with that) and usually leaves instructions from home...well, at home.

Glad he got back to you safely!