Sunday, August 30, 2009

It is well...

I want to sit down and write something eloquent about peace and tranquility but it's just not there. Sorry.


A week spent on a beautiful--and surprisingly sparsely inhabited--island did wonders for my body and soul. Even managed just fine with no internet. Though there were times it simply felt like a geography change--same stress, different location. I suppose that's just the way it goes while vacationing with two younglings. Who were actually fairly amazing all week. However, a fearless 4-year-old and his equally fearless almost 2-year-old sister unleashed on the big ol' ocean are a whole other type of stress!

The up side of being awoken at 6 in the am while on vacation is that one gets to enjoy one's coffee while being surrounded by views like this. Almost enough to make me a morning person. Almost.

Throw in a hurricane and a tropical storm and it's good times had by all.



I'm grateful we were able to go this year and the timing was perfect. I love the time with my sister and her family. The cousins adore each other--we're sorting through a gazillion pictures that prove that fact!

Sean beat us home by half a day. I allowed the little ones their time to cling to him and soak in that Daddy was indeed home. They also went to bed early.


6 comments:

Melanie said...

And you, no doubt, put on your saucy apron after that. :)

Meadowlark said...

Smiling for you!

Marit said...

So glad your long time without him has ended.

MissKris said...

Sunrise on an ocean is such a strange concept to me, a native of the West Coast! Gorgeous photos, Dori! I remember well vacations of the same sort when my two were little ones...but, as adults now, those are some of their fondest childhood memories, the week we spent at the beach almost every year. I always managed to squeeze in a little 'me' time on the beach, thanks to a very generous husband. Glad to hear you had such a nice time. Welcome back!

Julia said...

Beautiful photos, Dori! I just love the beach (says the woman who lives in the middle of the mountains in the desert). Sigh.

Natalie said...

After just experiencing my own family vay-cay, I know EXACTLY what you mean about the kiddies (mine are about a year behind both of yours).

SO glad your hubs is home now! I too know how that feels.