Sunday, April 12, 2009

Brief breather break...dare ya to say that really fast...

New book in the house. Proving to be much more difficult to share a book now that Sean and I are on the same schedule. But as soon I hit print for this post--that book is totally mine.

Huge race event this weekend. Little-Big Adventure Triathlon (canoe, bike, race). And, for some reason (it may be the title of Director of Sponsorship and Advertising, but I'm a little fuzzy on that), I'm responsible for lighting fires under our sponsors and making sure they get all of their goodies in and know when to be where. Phew. I was running low on stress.

Icky feeling, not sleeping 1-year-old. Yep. It was a fun day. Fortunately I have an amazing partner who got up with her at 5:30 this morning thus allowing me to catch two more precious hours of sleep.

Cousins on spring break. They're taking off for Places Unknown this summer...we'd like to spend as much time together this week as possible. Even if it's just tomorrow at Maymont.

See you when I see you.

3 comments:

Marit said...

Enjoy the book! Looks pretty good :-)

And have fun with the race. Hope I get so experience one of your events sometime. It may be hard work, but it sounds like a lot of fun too!

Donia said...

Members only?? What is that?

Dori said...

Some stupid Boojoy rule...keeping the masses from visiting the otters ...hurumph, hurumph, hurumph...

For those wondering...Maymont's nature center with the really cool aquarium is open to members *only* on Mondays. Whatever. And the Desk Lady..."well you guys could purchase a day membership..." Oh, and then the bathrooms were out of order. Sheesh. No, I'm not paying for a day membership. The reason we go there is because it is F.R.E.E.

We still enjoyed our day walking through the rest of the park.

And, Elise, the book was highly enjoyable. Did sort of have the bad guy marked early on--it was a little obvious. If you're interested, the entire series is quite delightful.