Thursday, January 29, 2009

Watch this space!

I know I've been slacking in the blog posting. Well. Sorry. But I'm pooped, people! Pooped, I tell you! I'm doing my best to get on top of a brand new job without letting everyone down. Sick people abound in this household. Sleepless nights. I've had to cook dinner like three times this week. I'm exhausted!

The weather is keeping us housebound and I am crafted out! In the past five days we have stuck stickers on every surface that stood still long enough. Almost got the cat, but turns out he wasn't dead. Dangit. We have made every imaginable shape and form with play dough--now we pretty much have one uniform color. Five containers of Battleship Gray. Lovely. We did manage to make it outdoors this morning and invaded the Science Museum. I vetoed the Children's Museum because none of us get in free anymore and that's just too much money to spend on two children who are going to be done within the hour. Maybe over the summer when we can take advantage of their nifty outdoor sand and water exhibits. We have baked cookies. Made glittery crowns. Constructed forts out of all movable furniture and removable cushions. For the love of all that is Pure and Holy--bring back the sun! And warmth. Warmth would be nice too.

On a completely unrelated--and ADD like--side note...I keep seeing trailers of Coraline. Neil Gaiman is one of my most favorite authors. Deliciously dark and macabre. Coraline is just a delightful little story about a girl who finds herself in a parallel life--sort of. And everything goes wrong and she ends up saving the world. So very sweet. Henry Selick directs the movie. You know--the genius who directed The Nightmare Before Christmas? Genius!

Anyway...I have posts with actual content brewing. I promise! Oh, and hey--I've had new readers show up. Don't be scared. Stick around. It'll get interesting again soon. Really.

1 comment:

Marit said...

I'm sticking, I'm sticking!!