Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Seriously, folks...move along...

The baby isn't sleeping. Waking up screaming at night. Sleep deprivation has turned my brain to mush. Great way to start a new job.

I did manage to get Kyleigh to the pediatrician yesterday--wrangling both children all by my lonesome--only to have my concerns shoved aside and left angry and even more confused and bewildered than when I walked in. It's not just her screaming. The child has, and has always had, difficulty pooping (yes, I'm blogging about poop). Recently this has escalated into full time crankiness and crying during a bowel movement. That's just not normal or good. The morning started with me calling the nurse for advise. And her advise was to bring Kyleigh in to get checked out. Fine. None of our previous remedies were working, so I was okay with getting her looked at. I was not okay with the doctor ignoring my concerns. He went over her diet but then failed to tell me what to do about it. He was impatient with Jacob--who was doing really well, just curious. Then brushed aside the "waking up screaming" part. Arrrrrg! What a waste of a co-pay. I was so mad. Of course I could hardly string a coherent sentence together--lack of sleep and all--so that just made me even more pissed off. The cons of a group practice--sometimes you get a not-so-good one. However, he's now on the list of "No thank you, we'll see someone else".


Spiked Kyleigh's bottle of milk with stool softener last night (which was not an over the counter medication like he said, but rather a specialty item which the tired, cold and hungry Husband had to hunt down a pharmacy that carried it). Hopefully she'll have a pain-free day. She still woke up at 3am screaming. No idea if the two issues are related or not. But I'm getting awfully tired of sleeping on the couch.

On the shiny side, however, the Husband is a daytime person now. No longer do I feel like I'm in this alone. Jacob is spending the next two nights with Kokoo. I may even get a nap this afternoon.

Sure I'll look at this later and see that all I managed to type was gibberish. *sigh*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW....That's rough. Sounds to me like they need to do an ultrasound or something to make sure Kyleigh doesn't have a hernia or something causing blockage in her intestines. What an asshole of a Doctor to be so dismissive. If I were you and this is totally NONE of my business, but I'd call them back, explain your concerns AGAIN, let them know how the doctor was and demand to see ANOTHER Doctor, but also let them know you should not have to pay a copay for it either.

Dori said...

Thanks, Gina...aka Scrappy :)...I'm going to give her a couple of days. If she doesn't show any improvement I'll go back in with reinforcements and seeing our regular. He did feel all around and couldn't feel any lumps and as tiny as she is, if there HAD been something he could have felt it. All this with Kyleigh screaming her head off! She's napping right now. She was sleeping great in the room with Jacob--better than she ever had. Then all of the sudden--this. Not a clue as to what's going on. I just want everyone to sleep all night long again!

Tina said...

I feel your pain. Just about the exact same senerio happened to us last week. I had to finally give Evan an enema!!! But DR told me to give Evan MiriLAX ( over the counter) in his milk, juice, whatever, and it has helped tremendously. He has had issues on and off his whole two years of life and it is very heartbreaking to see them struggle. How old is she? b/c I think you can only start giving it to them if they are two. I used suppositories before that and lots of prune juice. The Dr's just look at me too like..... it's very frustrating to try to figure out what to do sometimes when you feel like you have done it ALL!!!! Good luck

Marit said...

I have no advice as all, but a great deal of good wishes and hugs and all that kind of stuff.
Lack of sleep.... it SUCKS!!