Monday, June 10, 2013

The dark side...

There are days I want to slam my fist into the wall out of frustation because I see him falling apart and I can't fix it.  I look back on where we were and I see how far we've come.  Now we just about break even with good and bad days.

The raw emotion--pain, passion, anger--paired with the lyrics pull tears out of me every single time I hear it.  The first time I heard it was on the radio and I had to pull over.  Weeping, deep soul sobs choking me in a strangers driveway.


"We're not broken, we're just bent..."

Months ago I reminded him that I was here to stay.  Not quitting.  And certainly not quitting over this. The man I fell in love and vowed to cherish for the rest of our lives is still in there.  I've seen more of him in the last couple of months than I have in years.

But the demons are still there as well.  I'm the buffer between him and the world.  I'm tougher than I look...but I feel it taking it's toll.