Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Back in the saddle again...

More like back in the running shoes again!

Since my first visit to the doctor to determine the cause of this persistant pain in my side, we've managed to check off all sorts of things that it isn't. Yea us.  We're still plugging away at finding the cause and, hopefully, treatment and making it go away.  However, this morning when I stepped on the scales at the doctor's office and a number I haven't seen since the wee girl was a infant popped up, I decided the pain was no longer going to keep me off the road.  No way.  No how.  I've worked way too hard to ever have to see that number again!

I'm not going to lie.  The run this afternoon was horrendously painful.  Physically, psychologically and emotionally.  But I've got to start back somewhere.  And this was it.  I just kept having to remind myself that I can't go from months without running to running six miles.  So I let myself be grateful for two.

I'm a much nicer person when I get to run on a regular basis.  Apparently my family appreciates that.

1 comment:

Anita said...

I'm sorry you're having pain. I have a little in my ankle (very mild), but like you, I want to see a certain number on the scale. In a few minutes, I'm going out to hit the pavement. I hope to make the race on Saturday. Take care!