Saturday, February 4, 2012

An update...


The nurses (and my loving husband) all found it uproariously funny that I misread the directions on my special drink and ended up drinking four times the amount of water the night before.  Good thing I actually like water.

The doctor found and removed a polyp...it'll be a couple of weeks before we know the test results.

My family has been amazing.  I'd be lost without each and every one of them! Encouraging emails from my parents and friends, hugs and kisses from my kiddos, and gracefully enduring an extra load of parenting from my husband.  And special thanks to my big sister who (to the best of my knowledge) did not mock me on the drive home yesterday while I was still tripping on valium and demerol.


3 comments:

Anita said...

Hi Dori...I think I need to backtrack through your posts...

Dori said...

Not really, Anita! The first time I mentioned anything about it was yesterday. I really haven't felt like talking about any of my own medical issues since there always seemed to be more questions than answers. Hopefully now we're on the path towards answers.

I haven't been running and I really, really want to get back out there and go for a run again!

Julia said...

Sending love and good karma for a speedy, positive prognosis your way.

Your sister is kinder than either of mine. I think both have openly mocked me when I've been on pain killers...and even after it wore off. LOL