Monday, December 26, 2011

Things that make me happy...

Lately every time the Boy has been watching television and the Tintin movie trailer comes on he's been all...yeah, yeah...I know, Mommy...you really want to watch that...blah, blah, blah.

Yes.  He really adds the "blah, blah, blah."

Thanks to a very generous Nana, great aunt and great grandmother, our big family gift this year was an Xbox 360 with kinect.  Which is pretty much awesome in itself.  But then my always thinkin' husband goes and buys the Tintin movie companion game.

It's received quite a bit of play today.  From all four of us.  And now the Boy is really excited for the movie.  We were discussing it at supper when I made the comment that I was looking forward to it because I grew up with Tintin.  So then he wanted to know if we could watch the shows I watched as a kid.

They weren't tv shows--they're comic books.  The movie is made from one of the books.


Wait...they're books?! 


Yep.  And I still have them.


So I can read them?

Tonight's bedtime story? "The Secret of the Unicorn." Complete with pirate voices and funny Belgian accents.

No comments: