Monday, December 5, 2011

A long December...

I don't deal well with being cold...and being cold at Christmas time only intensifies my longing for home and for Africa.  I can't layer up enough to keep my equatorial bones warm and still manage to remain mobile.

Clearing out the attic recently brought into clear focus the fact that I've been in this house and in this town longer than I've lived anywhere else in my entire life.  There's an itch to give away all the things and move on.  The inability/impossibility to scratch that itch is making me grumpy, cranky, moody and an all around bitch to live with.

It's going to be a loooong winter.

And, if you could, please...when you think of my very understanding and long suffering husband, say an extra prayer of peace for him.  He'd appreciate it.

1 comment:

Anita said...

I've never been to Africa, but somehow I understand how you feel.

A prayer for you peace for you husband...done.