Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Celebrations...

My family actually managed to keep secrets and threw me a surprise birthday party! I can honestly say that yesterday was one of the best days of my life--and I've had some really good ones! 

Apparently there was quite a bit of discussion regarding a cake.  Even though my mom displayed amazing cake skills while we were younger, she didn't feel up for the challenge of creating a birthday cake for a cake maker.  In the end...


My favorite cake--a good old fashioned southern Lickin' Cake.  Six layers of yellow cake with a layer of fudge in between each one and then covered drenched in fudge.  
It was delicious! And perfect. 

I have the most amazing family and friends in the whole wide world.  
It was an outstanding celebration of my 40th trip around the sun!





2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Happy Birthday Dori ! The cake looks wonderful. Best to you and your family in this coming new year.

Dori said...

Thanks, lady! So far so good! :) Hope you're healing well and not going too stir crazy!