Thursday, November 17, 2011

All quiet...

The Boy boarded the school bus a while ago.  No one else is up.  The wee girlie is still fighting a cold...and several days of late nights/early mornings have caught up with her.  Himself has been mostly dead for the past two days.  But that didn't stop him from insisting I open my anniversary present when UPS dropped it off yesterday.  


Our anniversary is just over a month away.  I know--the man is precious.  And yes, I'm spoiled rotten.


So I'm sitting here enjoying the rare quiet on this cold, wet Autumn morning getting to know my Kindle Fire just a little better.  And so far? Love it.  Don't get me wrong...I still love books, real paper books...the way they feel, the way they smell, turning pages, flipping back through to read a part again...and I typically have 3 or 4 going at the same time. We will be buying books until the day they stop publishing them. But I fell in love the digital reader sitting and waiting all those hours at various doctor's appointments with the wee girl.  This reader is the perfect size and fit for me.  I'm looking forward to seeing what else this nifty gadget can do!

No comments: